Innovation & Experience Strategy
The "next big thing" for your customer experience needs to be planned and implemented in concert with a broader innovation roadmap. And both need to be driven by the imperatives of the overall business strategy.
Together, we'll work through the key challenges:
- How do you uniquely provide value to customers?
- What are the opportunities, threats, and underlying trends in the business?
- How beholden to legacy business are you, and how much are you willing to cannibalize?
- If targeting a new customer segment, what needs to be different with the offering, messaging, channels, revenue model, and the experience itself?
- What is the future vision for the experience, and what's the roadmap to get there?
- How are you prioritizing your innovation portfolio and the backlog? What are you not going to focus on?
Create a holistic view and make sense of the trends by connecting insights from multiple domains:
- Customer research, analytics and insights
- Marketing and Brand
- Engineering and R&D
- Competitors and Comparables
- Organizational capabilities and IP
- Sales and acquisition channels
These are the "know-why" counterpart to the "know how" of core competencies:
- Logical yet unexpected in nature - often derived from the dot-connecting of multi-vector analysis.
- Provide forward-looking understanding of customer needs, behaviors.
- Hard for competitors to reverse engineer, keeping them one step behind.
Whether you're starting new or evolving an existing experience, I can help with:
- Audit the existing experience with an outsider perspective.
- Define the future vision and stages of roadmap to get there.
- Leads into more detailed work on customer journey maps, service blueprints, etc.